Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Who do You Know?

Theme:  It's Not What You Know, it's Who You Know  


Read: Matthew 28:19,20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”


Reflect:  When we were living in Atlanta, Pastor Andy Stanley would often say "Go and be the person God has called you to be, and as people cross paths with you, eventually there may come a time when the conversations cross paths with talking about God."  I run a local wine room, and anyone who has been in tasting with me knows I can be fairly passionate about what I know about a certain wine. Eventually, if you come often enough, (some do come every day,) I am able to leverage what I know, with who I know!
 
Everyone in our small group started through that wine room!  Now, I have to say some don't attend Eastlake Church where we go, or any other church for that matter, so for some, we are their church! We are currently going through the Right Now Media series "The Grave Robber" and the first installment was about Jesus first miracle of turning water into wine! Talk about spirited discussion, I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't turn water into "Two Buck Chuck", but rather a 100pt wine for the ages! Now here's a thought that might piss off your Baptist friends- If they ran out of wine, let's put it this way; no one was driving home. UBER would be the call, yet Jesus still made more.
 
React: Eventually, as you "go and be," God has created each of us with unique talents and strengths, and He will strategically place people in your path that need faith, hope and love, are you ready?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment